Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Season Opener, 2nd Split

November 11, 2006

Opening day of the second season in Maryland; I shot on my family's farm near Rock Hall, Maryland. In the morning, I joined my father, Casey Owens, and Jim Burgess for a woodduck shoot on the Galehouse Pond. Because I am a moron, I showed up to the hunt 40 minutes late. That 40 minutes proved to be the best of the day. Supposedly, and I was not there to see it so I cannot verify this story, over 200 woodducks tolled into the pond just after legal shooting time. They came in groups from 2 birds to 25 birds. According to Casey, he'd "never seen anything like it". I don't know, I wasn't there. At any rate, I was there for 2 tolls, of woodies, with only 1 duck killed, for a total of 7 this morning.

In the afternoon, I shot the Gresham Hall Pond with Paul Spies, Renee Prossner and the Prossner brothers, Mark, Brent and Greg.

The crew:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had a great shoot, killing 27 mallards.

6 birds tolling into the spread:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Birds, after the first shots, flushing in all directions:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This one did not get away, notice the feathers trailing behind him:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Renee, a first time shooter, takes aim. Her belly shirt was awesome in the blind:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The hunters and retrievers, Fin and Panzer, with the bag:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Blogger A&S said...

Renee looks adorable in her camo gear. Glad you had such a fun opening day!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home